Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

2008-03-03

SSS Extensive Reading Method



I am studying English now. I like reading books. So I do "SSS Extensive Reading Method".

Children can read native language book. If you do like children, you can read Foreign book. This is a concept of this method. If you start reading difficult book, you get tired of reading. This method recomends to start reading very easy book.

And this method has a goal. It is to read one million words. Japanese have studied English since junior high school. But we read only English text book. Many Japanese don't read so much.

This method has three Golden Rules.

1. No dictionaries while reading.
2. Skip over difficult words and phrases.
3. Quit reading when the book is difficult or boring.

I have done this method since May 2007. I have already read 66 English books and read 1,575,200 words. Recentry, I like reading English books. I would like to continue reading English books.

This is my reading book list.

My reading book list

4 comments:

とぼ said...

Hi Weber,

Wow! You have really read a lot of books. I'm impressed! The SSS method sounds very sensible. By the way, what does "SSS" stand for?

I noticed that you read the "Frog and Toad" series. I read those when I was a child, and much more recently I enjoyed reading them to my daughter. Somehow I don't get tired of them.

Well, I'll look forward to checking your blog from time to time, and I wish you much happiness in your English studies!

little_sun said...

Hi Weber,

If I didn't find " SSS ", I don't keep reading paperback now. The method is fantastic! I'd tried extensive reading over and over though, I've read only 2 books before. You know, I'm keeping it at the moment, I've only gained 200,000 words though, I hope to follow yours :)
Yes, I respect you very much!

Weber said...

Hi Tobo_san.

I'm very happy, thanks for your coment.

I love the "Frog and Toad" series. First,I rent this book from library,I knew this book is great to read for my children. So I bought these books and enjoyed with my children. These books make us very happy.

I visited your Blog a little while ago. Your Japanese skill is marvelous. I'm looking forward to your Blog.

Weber said...

Hi little_san,

I am lucky to meet this method. I think I can continue studying English. If i can read difficult book little by little, I'm so haapy.

And this give me a chance to start My blog. It is wonderful thing to see other studying English people in my Blog.