Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

2008-03-16

McDonald's Happy Set (Naruto's goods)




My sons like Japanese Ninja anime "Naruto Shippuden" very much. If we buy McDonald's Happy Set this week, We can get Naruto's goods.

They insist on going to McDonald to buy Happy Set today. We go to McDonald and get three Naruto cards, two Rasengan balls(Naruto) and a Sharingan scroll(Sasuke).

My youngest son hopes to get Naruto card. But he gets Rock Lee, he feels disappointed very much.

They are very noisy now. There are many Naruto who has ability to use Rasengan in my house.

By the way, Recentry, Japanese Yen are strong versus the dollar. I have heard Big Mac Index of The Economist. It is comparing two currency value. Japanese Bic Mac price is 280Yen(about 2.8US$). Which is this price high or low comparing your countries price?

Happy Set price is 400 yen (about 4$).

4 comments:

Ivy said...

280 yen is around 2.28USD which is a lot cheaper than in my current location, Canada (3.69USD per big mac which is more than the US). My home country (Singapore) is at 2.59USD per big mac so it's kinda the same as Japan. It's so expensive to live in Canada right now. My best friend from Japan came to visit me last year and he was complaining that the exchange rate is unfavorable to the yen. Poor guy.

I love Naruto too - so does my boyfriend! (And we're already 23 years old!) We've been faithfully reading Shounen Jump every week for the latest Naruto manga. It's so good!

The humor is a little bit childish in the anime but it's still fun to watch! I don't really like Shippuuden though, the story is going too slowly. And Naruto isn't as cool as he was in the first series.

My boyfriend actually likes Rock Lee and Gai sensei o.O I prefer Kakashi sensei and the Hokage. I made my mum watch a few episodes and she likes Naruto. O.o

As you can see, Naruto is famous all over the world too! :P

Weber said...

Today 1US$ is about 97YEN. Your Japanese friend might feel happy.

I read Shounen Jump in 1980's every week. I remenber "Hokuto no ken","Dragon Ball","CITY HUNTER" and "Kochikame".

Recentry I don't read Shonen Jump, but I know "DEATH NOTE" and "ONE PIECE". When I was child, Shonen Jump was the most popular magazine in Japan.

Ivy said...

I know Hokuto no ken and Dragon Ball. My boyfriend keeps forcing me to watch it. T__T He loves old manga/anime. The oldest manga/anime that I like is Slam Dunk. It's so good. I can read/watch it over and over again.

Death Note is really good (one of my favorites!) but very psychologically disturbing. If I had my own children, I would not let them read/watch the manga/anime. There were many reports about school bullying through the use of Death Note notebook. Many students were mentally affected as a result.

Maybe it's a very Western mentality to ban books from children. Hahaha.

Weber said...

I like DETH NOTE(In particular first harf), because it has new style of manga. It has logical story. It is an interesting for adult.

But I would not let my sons read,too. I hear children play using DEATH NOTE in school. I feel it is not good.
I think this manga is for adult.

I saw DEATH NOTE in movie. Then I read manga all.