Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

2008-03-15

"Kibo" Japanese Experiment Module



 Japan take part in International Space Station (ISS) Plan. Now, Japanese Experiment Module "Kibo" is being installed at ISS. It was launched by Space Shattle "Endeavour" at March 11th. This construction continues untill April 2009. Kibo means "hope" in Japanese.

 When I was a child , I like space. I like reading space books. Stars life, Galaxy, Big Bang and Black Holls. There are amazing for me. In Japan, There are many anime related space. In particular, I like Space Battleship Yamato and Mobile Suit Gundam. Of course, I like Star Wars,too.

 I pray the construction of Kibo is success. If the results of experiment is good , many people is interested in Space. I hope that many children know Space and have dreams. They can do many things future.

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency


4 comments:

Ivy said...

Kibou must mean hope! (I watched too many animes, so I can understand a bit of Japanese but watashi wa otaku ja arimasen.)

How do you write in Kibou in Kanji? Is it 希望? That's the Chinese word for hope and when it is pronounced in one of the dialects, it sounds a little bit like Kibou.

I used to love learning about astronomy and the space too! I always wished I could go to space one to see how our world looks like from outerspace.

I have never watched Gundam, because they are all dubbed in English. Dubbed anime sounds too strange to me. The drawings look Japanese but they speak English. Too strange.

In terms of space animes, I love Neon Genesis Evangelion and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Weber said...

Hi ivy.

Do you watch Japanese anime with English subtitles? I saw Evangelion. It is one of the most popular anime in Japan. Some people say it is third impact of anime in Japan.
First impact is Yamato in 1970s.
Second impact is Gundam in 1980s.
Third impact is Evangelion in 1990s.
I think Forth impact haven't occured in Japan.

And you are right. Kibou is 希望 in Japanese.

Ivy said...

Yups, I watch animes with English subtitles. Sometimes, I watch it with Chinese, French or Spanish subtitles (when it's unavailable in English) but I read too slowly and I have to pause every few seconds since they are all my second languages. T__T

Neon Genesis and Gundam are very famous outside of Japan too. Right now, the most famous animes are Naruto and Bleach. It's quite fun to watch them but too childish - especially Naruto. I prefer Seinen (although I'm a girl) animes or those that talk about more mature or more cultural stuff.

Weber said...

My sons like Naruto very much. Sometimes, I watch Naruto with my sons. I think Naruto is interesting.