Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

2008-04-05

Ohanami (cherry blossom viewing)





I think this weekend is a last chance to go cherry-blossom(Sakura) viewing this year. So I went to a park to see Sakura with my family. The park has about 2,000 Sakura trees. Sakura festival was held in the park. Many people came to the park today and Many stand opened. For example,Cotton candy,Goldfish scooping,Candy apple.We enjoyed seeing Sakura and eating Takoyaki,Ikayaki and so on. My youngest son wanted to buy Gekiranger's mask. But I denied. It was too expensive about 5$.

There are usually some sakura trees in elementary school. In japan, entrance ceremony of elementary school is held in April. I remenber there were very beautiful sakura trees at main gate of my school. I have a photo taken with my mother. Many people took a picture in fornt of Sakura. Sakura was symbol entrance ceremony. But Many Sakura fell before entrance ceremony recentry. I think it is affected global warming. It is very sad.

Sakura is the Japanese name for cherry blossom. It is sometimes used woman name. Sakura Haruno is Naruto character. Her name means "Sakura in Spring". It is very simple.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

こんいちは Weber-san!

Sorry I haven't been able to visit recently. I've had so many exams. Now I'm finally finished with my undergraduate degree! ^___^ The cherry blossoms are really pretty! I wish I could visit Japan in the Spring, wear a yukata for ohanami.. just to experience Japanese culture. ^__^

I didn't realize that Sakura Haruno was a pun for "Haru no Sakura." I realized that Naruto's sensei (Iruka Umino) in the Ninja Academy was "Umi no Iruka" though. Cherry Blossoms of the Spring and Sea Dolphin. How creative! Thanks for pointing it out! ^__^

Weber said...

Hi ivy.

You did it! Conglatuations!

I think Naruto's many charactors name isn't traditional. I feel funny to hear Kakashi Hatake or Shikamaru Nara. Sasuke is traditional Ninja name. It is said real Ninja,Sasuke,Hanzo and Saizo.

Your comment reminds me to go Naruto strait. I could write article. Thank you!

Ivy said...

Hanzo! My friend's cat is called Hanzo. I guess that's a nin-cat :P

Actually Shikamaru's came from the card game Hanafuda. Shikamaru's teammates are Yamanaka Ino and Akimichi Choji. Together they become Ino-Shika-Cho. Hahaha! Naruto's creator is really creative!!

Weber said...

Hanafuda is traditional Japanese card game. Nintendo was establish to make Hanafuda first.

When I was a child, I went to Nara park in Nara prefecture. There are many deers in the park and very famous. His name reminds me pretty deer in Nara park.