Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

2008-04-29

Koinobori (Carp Streamer)



It is fine today. So I installed Koinobori for my sons. They like Koinobori very much and demand to display this morning. They were pleased to see it, Although Koinobori isn't flying because of no wind today.

It is displayed untill Children's day(May 5). We displayed Koinobori to hope that suns will grow up healthy and strong. It is said that It has been since Edo period. The black Biggest koinobori means Father. The Red koinobori means Mather. The blue smallest koinobori means sons.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

I've seen this on anime but not in real life. So that's how it looks like in real life! Do you put up the warrior costume thing for Children's Day too? Not sure what you call that in Japanese. Hahaha.

Weber said...

Hi ivy.

Yes, I put up miniature samurai worrior helmet in my home. I will introduce it.